Download the FNQ 2023/24 Season Calendar here.
This clinic is being run by Brant Best from Swimming Queensland on Saturday 2nd September 2023 as part of Super Squad September.
The day will feature a visit from 400m World Champion Sam Short who will be sharing his experiences with The FNQ High Performance squad and the newly formed SQ/FNQ Hancock Prospecting Age Development Squad.
We will hear from Sam who will discuss his journey and highlights from this year’s World Championships in Fukuoka, Japan, his journey (and insider tips) from club swimmer to World Champion and plans into next year’s Olympics.
(Watch this outstanding swim here for a taste of things to comehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89AQoeI4ZjE
The Age development squad is a new joint SQ/FNQ initiative designed with a future focus in mind, targeting some of the best up and coming swimmers in FNQ based on performances in the 2022/23 season. Qualifying was based on achieving a long course State or National qualifying time in the 12 -14 year age groups in events 100m and above.
Parents are strongly encouraged to attend the Age development swimming session (12.30pm – 2pm) where Swimming Queensland Development and Olympic Coach Brant Best will be discussing how we can prepare these swimmers for their own journey.
Throughout the season this squad will have sessions specifically targeted at understanding how to take their swimming to the next level in order to be competitive at a National level and beyond.
Please ask your coach to contact Brant Best if you have qualified and not received an invitation. A reminder that this squad is by invitation only and in order to attend RSVPs (already sent out) must be returned by 25th August 2023.
Important details to be aware of for the day:
* FNQ HP squad session starts at 8.30 am to finish at 12pm.
* SQ/ FNQ Age Development Squad starts at 10.45 finishing at 2pm
* As we have a limited time with Sam, in order to run to schedule please be ready to start the session at these times.
* Coaches attending the sessions will also have the opportunity to share lunch with Sam and chat about his journey and specifics on his training and approach.
* Bring your Swimming Gear Bag and prepare for a challenging session with Sam Short.